I’m really looking forward to this week’s Friday instore tasting (April 10th)! Ken John is a bit of a wine industry guru – media commentator, journo, restaurant wine buyer, retailer, sommelier…..over 35 years experience in the wine and hospitality game at large! His current role is wine buyer for Italian food and wine importer, Basile Imports, and he joins us for the first time this Friday night.
From a vast portfolio that covers the length and breadth of Italy, we’ve put together a cracking lineup for your taste buds!
- Langhe Nebbiolo
- Chianti Classico
- Cerasualo di Vittoria from Sicily
- Friulano from up north, and
- A delicious sparkling Nebbiolo
Quality and big value all ’round! Swing by this Friday April 10th after 5:00 and soak up all the Italian goodness on offer!!
Quick heads up on new gear
Heaps of new stuff has arrived over the last couple of weeks. Here are some highlights (in no particular order):
- Sailor Seeks Horse Pinot Noir 2013 (Southern Tasmania) – a beautifully fragrant label to watch
- Pooley Cooinda Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013 (Southern Tasmania)
- Chatto Pinot Noir 2013 (Southern Tasmania)
- Kalleske Greenock Shiraz 2013 (Barossa)
- Gembrook Hill Chardonnay 2014 (Yarra) – first Chardonnay release since 2008. An absolute belter!
- Thomas OC Semillon 2014 (Hunter)
- Alkimi Syrah 2014 (Yarra) – very cool new label from Stuart Dudine
- Singlefile Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 (Frankland River, WA)
- Artadi Tempranillo 2012 (Rioja, Spain)
That’s the shortlist….plenty more in store!!